See more: Weather
Monday, November 3, 2014
Weather Forecast - Omemee November 3-12 - Adjust Your Driving!
Beginning November Weather - Driving Adjustments Needed!
Drivers wanting to arrive alive will want to adjust their driving for the weather this week. Why? Do we have a huge storm on it's way?
No. What we will have is very slippery roads!
No. What we will have is very slippery roads!
November 5 - 11 Very Slippery Roads Forecast!
Studies show roads are slipperiest when temperatures hover around freezing point, as there can be layers of water and ice or snow. The 10 Day weather forecast from the Millbrook weather station shows November 5th to 11th temperatures will be hovering around 0 degrees, and we may have snow or rain as well. Early morning frost can be an especially dangerous problem as well.
|November 3 -12 2014 Millbrook Ontario Weather Forecast Calls for Slippery Roads|
Slippery Roads Driving Tips
Many Autumn collisions happen because drivers don't adjust their driving for the conditions. There are several thing drivers can do to arrive alive.The Noca Scotia online drivers handbook recommends:How are you preparing for the weather this week?
- Slow Down, and allow more time for your trip.
- Use brakes gently to avoid skidding.
- Test the road surface with gentle braking. If one of the wheels locks up, release the brake immediately.
- Leave space - Stopping takes almost twice the distance on slippery roads.
- Watch out for other drivers who may not know how dangerous the roads are.
Millbrook Weather Forecast Nov 3 - 12The weather forecast for November 3 to 12th by Millbrook Weather Station is as follows.:
- Monday 0% Precip. Partly cloudy. High 11C. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 km/h. Monday Night 20% Precip. Partly to mostly cloudy. Slight chance of a shower late. Low 4C. Winds light and variable.
- Tuesday 11/04 11 | 5 °C Tuesday 70% Precip. Cloudy with light rain developing later in the day. High 11C. Winds SSW at 15 to 30 km/h. Chance of rain 70%. Tuesday Night 70% Precip. Light rain early. Then remaining cloudy. Low near 5C. Winds WSW at 15 to 30 km/h. Chance of rain 70%.
- Wednesday 11/05 11 | 3 °C Wednesday 0% Precip. Sunny along with a few clouds. High 11C. Winds WSW at 15 to 30 km/h. Wednesday Night 10% Precip. Partly cloudy skies early will become overcast later during the night. Low 3C. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 km/h.
- Thursday 11/06 9 | 1 °C Thursday 80% Precip. Cloudy with periods of light rain. High 9C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 80%. Thursday Night 90% Precip. Occasional rain with some snow mixing in late. Low 1C. Winds NNE at 15 to 25 km/h. Chance of precip 70%. Snow accumulations less than 2cm.
- Friday 11/07 3 | -3 °C Friday 70% Precip. Mainly cloudy with snow showers around in the morning. High 4C. Winds NNW at 15 to 30 km/h. Chance of snow 60%. Friday Night 10% Precip. Partly cloudy. Low -3C. Winds NW at 10 to 15 km/h.
- Saturday 11/08 4 | -1 °C Saturday 20% Precip. Cloudy skies. High 4C. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 km/h. Saturday Night 30% Precip. Partly cloudy during the evening followed by cloudy skies overnight. Low -1C. Winds SW at 10 to 15 km/h.
- Sunday 11/09 4 | -2 °C Sunday 60% Precip. Moderating temperatures will change morning scattered snow showers to rain showers by late day. High near 5C. Winds SW at 15 to 25 km/h. Chance of rain 60%. Sunday Night 20% Precip. Mostly cloudy early, then clearing later on. Low -2C. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 km/h.
- Monday 11/10 5 | 0 °C Monday 20% Precip. Cloudy skies early, followed by partial clearing. High near 5C. Winds SW at 10 to 15 km/h. Monday Night 20% Precip. Cloudy. Low around 0C. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 km/h.
- Tuesday 11/11 3 | -2 °C Tuesday 20% Precip. A mix of clouds and sun in the morning followed by cloudy skies during the afternoon. High 3C. Winds W at 15 to 25 km/h. Tuesday Night 20% Precip. A few clouds. Low -2C. Winds W at 10 to 15 km/h.
- Wednesday 11/12 1 | -6 °C Wednesday 10% Precip. Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 1C. Winds W at 15 to 30 km/h. Wednesday Night 20% Precip. A few clouds. Low -6C. Winds W at 10 to 15 km/h. Fewer Days View Calendar Forecast Source: Weather Underground BestForecast ForecastAdvisor stats, more accurate more often Almanac
Drop us a comment, or connect with us in one of these ways. We want to hear your views!:
Send Your Friends a Free Pigeon Posts Subscription! Related Links
Any adfly links below will open with a word from a sponsor to help cover expenses. Click the "Skip Ad" Button when it appears in the top right corner to proceed to the webpage. Find out more at : http://adf.ly/?id=4009826 Want a direct link to your site? Leave a confidential comment to ask about a free link exchange or sponsoring a post.
- Nova Scotia Drivers Hand Book Chapter 5 Adverse Driving Conditions http://adf.ly/4009826/nova-scotia-driver-ed-adverse-driving-condition
- Millbrook Ontario Weather Station Forecast http://adf.ly/4009826/millbrook-weather-forecast
(Frequently Asked Questions) Choose your favourite and send a letter to the editor. 1. Why isn't this paper being run on a "dot com"? 2. Who is running this paper? 3. Why do you have Google ads on here? 4. Where can I get a print copy of this paper? 5. How can I help make this paper even better? 6.I'd like to buy you a coffee.Where can I send a donation? Thanks! Every bit helps!
Who Reads Omemee Pigeon eFlyer?
You do! Most readers are from our direct area,but people the world over do read Omemee Pigeon eFlyer. We currently have over 2,000 accounts getting our headlines,and almost 100 daily email subscribers. Not bad for a little eZine just starting out. We are especially excited about the writers joining in this project!