Wednesday, December 3, 2014
Manvers Wind Concern Urges Residents to Attend Pontypool Tribunal!
Manvers Wind Concern Highlights Inane Questions at Tribunal Hearing!The Sumac Ridge ERT Hearing will reconvene Wednesday, December 3rd at 10 am in the Pontypool Community Centre. Manvers Wind Concern urges local residents attend the hearing.
Some examples of the questioning challenges by opposing council critiqued by the Manvers Wind Concern have been:
- Whether a farmer had sufficient qualifications to identify endangered snakes living on his property.
- Whether Fire Chief Prankhurst had sufficient qualifications to speak about the potential dangers of fire or oil spills at a wind turbine site,
- Whether Dianne Chen speaking on behalf of the Buddhist Temple had been a Buddhist long enough to speak about the potential effects of the Wind Turbines on the religious practices of Buddhists, and how much time she spends as a property manager vs practising Buddhism.
- December 3rd -The first of the witnesses appearing for the wind developer wpd Canada.
- December 4th - Witnesses appearing for the wind developer wpd .
- December 5th - Witnesses appearing for the wind developer wpd
- December 9th has been set aside as a special session at Curve Lake to hear First Nations’ objections to the Sumac Ridge project.
- December 11th -Witnesses for the appellants -Cindy Sutch of STORM (Save the Oak Ridges Moraine), City of Kawartha Lakes Councillor Heather Stauble, and Ron Taylor Director of Development Services for the City of Kawartha Lakes
- December 12 th– Witnesses appearing for the wind developer wpd .
Manvers Wind Concern stresses,"This is an important time for all to attend when one can.. one may be able to help provide information to the appellants in their cross-examination of the witnesses. Local residents are familiar with the area – the witnesses are NOT – some have never been in the project area.".The Sumac Ridge Environmental Review Tribunal reconvenes at 10 am at the Pontypool Community Centre, 254 John Street , Pontypool Ontario.
What do you think about this topic? What qualification questions will the First Nations witnesses face at the Tribunal? How many hours they spend working as a lawyer vs practicing First Nations traditions?
Drop us a comment, or connect with us in one of these ways. We want to hear your views!:
Send Your Friends a Free Pigeon Posts Subscription! Related Links
Any adfly links below will open with a word from a sponsor to help cover expenses. Click the "Skip Ad" Button when it appears in the top right corner to proceed to the webpage. Find out more at : http://adf.ly/?id=4009826 Want a direct link to your site? Leave a confidential comment to sponsor a post.
(Frequently Asked Questions) Choose your favourite and send a letter to the editor. 1. Why isn't this paper being run on a "dot com"? 2. Who is running this paper? 3. Why do you have Google ads on here? 4. Where can I get a print copy of this paper? 5. How can I help make this paper even better? 6.I'd like to buy you a coffee.Where can I send a donation? Thanks! Every bit helps!
Who Reads Omemee Pigeon eFlyer?
You do! Most readers are from our direct area,but people the world over do read Omemee Pigeon eFlyer. We currently have over 2,000 accounts getting our headlines,and almost 100 daily email subscribers. Not bad for a little eZine just starting out. We are especially excited about the writers joining in this project!